Monday, May 14, 2007




I am trying to get Picasa to work, so that I can show more than four pictures! Hopefully I'll have it during this week. The internet connection is quite slow, and my google account is giving me unexplainable problems...but I'll get it worked out.

We walked to the Plaza today. It was beautiful outside, quite warm...[and yes mom, I wore sunscreen.] It was so awesome being able to walk everywhere! We went to a market...stopped at a small bakery and ate an espanada and sat in the Plaza for a while. Monday is our 'day off' since Saturday and Sundays are busy with the children and church. Its absolute madness on the streets! I knew that they drove loco here, but experiencing it first hand is a different story. I nearly got run over when my flip flop came off in the middle of an intersection! haha...We were expecting to get a taxi ride on the way home, with the food we bought at the market, but it must have been during their lunch break because the usual number of taxis were very much diminished...so we walked home. I feel so touristy and feel like I stick out so much....I am so gringo!


Thank you for the comments! I read them all...it's encouraging.

9 Comments:

Blogger amber kelley said...

your flip flop came off? again? haha! I'm so glad you like it there... we're praying for you!

May 14, 2007 at 3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are adjusting well...already eating pastries from the bakery! Yes, you'll fit in well there! How can we pray for you specifically? Have Tracie and Ricky talked to you about your Spanish classes yet? Thanks for getting more pictures up...we all love looking at them.
Love you so much,
Mom

May 14, 2007 at 4:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you are so 'gringa'. ;-) The camera around the neck doesn't help as far as looking touristy. Repeat after me: "Me permite tomar su fota?"

May 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM

 
Blogger Sanyu said...

So? How were the donuts? Are they going to hold you over til you get home or do you need something special FedExed:-)JK
The pictures are great, I love seeing them. Keeping you in my prayers, Beth

May 14, 2007 at 9:40 PM

 
Blogger Garvey said...

okay.
so.
Not only do I miss you so.

I am EXTREMELY jealous!

That looks like so much fun! It's such an new adventure every single day when you're in another country!

Thank God His mercies are also new every day!

Lam 3:22-24

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
ESV

May 14, 2007 at 9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Deseo que podría estar allí con usted! ¡Voluntad usted me envía pasteles! A propósito cómo es el Ceviche '. ¡Im que ruega para usted, y Ricky, y Tracie junto con todos los niños hermosos! Amor, Papá

Translation.............................................................I wish I could be there with you! Will you send me a pastry! By the way how is the Ceviche'. Im praying for you,and Ricky,and Tracie along with all of the beautiful children!
Love , Dad

May 14, 2007 at 10:03 PM

 
Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

Good to hear that you are doing well! And I am glad you didn't get run over holly. ;) Keep taking pics, we love looking at them! We are praying for you! Miss you.

May 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to update your blog? We need lots more pictures!!
Mom

May 16, 2007 at 5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Mom said!

Oh, if you are going to shoot with flash, do this:

1. Hold down the flash button and rotate the front dial until it reads -1.7.

2. Change over to manual mode ('M' on that big wheel on top)

3. Keep the light meter (the little needle inside that drifts to the right or left, depending on the amount of light) in the middle.

It's complicated the only way to get decent pictures out of the on-board flash on that thing. It helps fill in the background instead of having it fade to black.

Hope you're enjoying my girl! My other Nikon is getting lonely.

May 16, 2007 at 6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home