Wednesday, May 16, 2007

San Marcos...and three of the adorable boys
Right past the yellow building is the room for the children
The view from the doorway of the childrens room in San Marcos
The playground at San Marcos
Lupe and I...darling, eh? I just a little tired! She didnt quite get the concept of smiling and looking at the camera.Do you see the mama sitting outside?
Now you know where I sleep, Amber.
Lupe and Alvaro
Shopping in lovely stores that sell used clothing from the US.

We were able to visit the orphanage yesterday...I will be working there Tuesdays and Thursdays. It was a beautiful place, with an enclosed garden-play area...I was overwhelmed as I remembered Amy Carmichael and her selfless life saving the children of India. The children and babies were more than adorable. One thing that I find funny is that they all look so similiar because of their hair color and dark eyes. When ones expecting I doubt they wonder ¨what is he/she going to look like?¨ But rather...¨is it going to be a boy or a girl?¨
On Saturdays we go to San Marcos to teach the children who attend the Bible class that Ricky and Tracie started. There are over 80 kids in one tiny room. Yet, even though I find myself in this vastly different culture....the children are somewhat the same. Kids will be kids, as the saying goes. Their attitudes, unquenchable activity and silliness transcend culture. I love it. On Wednesday night is the adults prayer meeting and on Friday is the adult Bible study in San Marcos, and on Sunday the church meets in our home.

I have to tell you about the clouds here! Because of the altitude and perfect clearness, the clouds are absolutely otherworldly! They are magnificent and colossal, beautiful and so white. Ill have to focus on taking some pictures of them this week. Ive never been so awed by clouds before.


hehe...and Ive never been so awed of the Creator.



7 Comments:

Blogger amber kelley said...

Yes, and now I see your need for photos... they're coming soon!

May 16, 2007 at 9:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly,

Funny you mentioned the clouds. I was about at the second photo when I thought 'gee, they sure have nice clouds out there'. We got clouds like that in the Southwest and I seen it in the Rockies, but it doens't happen in California much.

About 45 minutes (?) after sundown, the clouds can turn all sorts of magnificent colors. It's really something to behold. "Red skies at night, sailor's delight."

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself as I enjoy reading your updates.

May 16, 2007 at 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Sanyu said...

Did you know that I told my mom not long ago that "I would like to get a job: what one would do is spend their day watching and describing the clouds. The speed of them, the textures, the colors, the feeling of them." I Love Clouds, ergo I'm way fully jealous of you. Even!?!?

May 16, 2007 at 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Auntie Shello said...

Dear Holly Berry:

Your pictures are spectacular. The clouds are awesome.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you safe. We love you, and are praying for you everyday.

May 16, 2007 at 11:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...'Do you think he/she will look more like mother or father!? Well, what difference does it make? '

So funny.

And the children are adorable! Please tell that little boy that he dresses very handsomly. Better than most little boys in America to be sure.

May 17, 2007 at 10:11 AM

 
Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

yes, they are adorable!!! The pics are extraordinary. I love the one with you and the little girl.

May 17, 2007 at 8:26 PM

 
Blogger Steph Garvey said...

Miss you, Holly. Sorry I didn't grab you and say goodbye that last Sunday. Know that we are praying for you and thinking of you a lot. Michael will be so proud when you come back speaking Spanish. ;-)

May 18, 2007 at 1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home