Saturday, May 26, 2007

Adapting




I actually don't know why he looked so terrified; he begged me to take his picture.

I should know her name...but...I don't.



It was laundry day yesterday.



Michelle and I at the open air market....That girl looks rather.... apprehensive.



I also should know her name, but I don't.



I'm sorry, but I still can't get over the sunsets here. They are too breathtaking. Those clouds were the only ones in the sky....just floating there...all by themselves.




Usually all the rooftops have crosses or some sort of superstitious/religious emblems to protect their households.

_____________________



Michelle, another intern staying for two months, is here. It is awesome having someone else to share this experience with! She is such a blessing to me.




We had the opportunity today, after breakfast and after we cleaned the house, of going to the Saturday open air market. It was quaint, hot and fun. They were selling everything from necklaces and alpaca ponchos, to roasted whole ginuea pigs and alpaca meat and whole pigs...with their heads....just sitting nonchalantly on a plate, staring at you......so....delicious.






Not that I've ever tried any of it though...or....ever....will.







4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please dont eat the pig there... you WILL be sorry... : )

just speaking from experiance... : )

May 26, 2007 at 9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alpaca meat!!! I would LOVE to try it. As long as it doesn't have dairy.

Beautiful photos.

May 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look tired in that picture...we are praying that your sinus infection clears soon and that you won't need an antibiotic...I am sure you wouldn't want to go to the doctor there..do they have bars as waiting rooms also?
love you...

May 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or at least you don't think you've tried it!

That looks like quite the assortment of potatoes behind you. How ever did you decide?

The cityscape looks so surreal in the evening. Almost peaceful.

As your mom said, we're praying that you will get better soon.

May 29, 2007 at 5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home