Tuesday, June 19, 2007


A team from California will arrive this Thursday, so this was my last day at the orphanage for a couple weeks. A new nurse, Emily, was quite the passionate teacher today. She wouldn't let me say anything unless I spoke in Spanish. Hours of intensive spanish lessons plus a couple dozen little kids to feed and watch.....tiring, but rather unexpectedly fulfilling.

The team consists of 11 people. We will be doing presentations and helping some of the church members start their own ginuea pig raising/breeding/selling business. One presentaion will be on dental health and hygiene, which we will do in San Marcos, and we'll give out free toothbrushes at the end. I can't wait until the team arrives- the house is going to be packed- but it will be awesome!

7 Comments:

Blogger Isaac Franklin said...

Hey Holly!
I just wanted to let you know that all of us back in Oregon are thinking about you and praying for you! God Bless!

Isaac

June 19, 2007 at 5:48 PM

 
Blogger Sanyu said...

I counted like SEVEN kids with you, and they are so little. It sure does look like you've got your hands full. Do you need some help? :-)
Keep up the good work,
Love,
Beddy

June 19, 2007 at 10:27 PM

 
Blogger A little Rojo said...

It is good to see your face here, keep the images coming! You are wrapped in prayer, keep up the good work! -j.e

June 20, 2007 at 1:14 PM

 
Blogger Rosamund said...

dear holly... you poor thing!!!! you are majorly sunburnt... i didn't know it was that bad....ouch!

June 20, 2007 at 6:48 PM

 
Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

what an adorable little girl!! yes...keep up the good work! You're in my prayers too...

June 21, 2007 at 8:10 PM

 
Blogger amber kelley said...

I NEED that little baby you're holding...

June 23, 2007 at 6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My buddy Dan showed me your blog. You have some great shots from Peru! vcs

July 26, 2007 at 11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home