Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Joley

This is Carlyn, she has a double cleft palate.




This is Ronaldo. One of the nurses dressed him in tights; he didn't look me in the eye all day.



Notice the wiggly eyes that we bought for the children...the fish looked alive. It was a big hit with the kids.

____________________________

I have finally realized why people here never address me by my name. For one, they never remember it. And second, it's completely weird to them. And I get strange looks when I tell them how to spell it....that part especially makes no sense to them.

To them I am "Joley" and they always give me interesting looks, as if...poor girl...why would her parents ever name her that?


___________________________

Also, Michelle has been battling some mysterious insects every night. She wakes up with several bites a day and now has dozens. She has changed her whole bedding and we have cleaned our room very well....but still she is still being bit. I have been bit several times, but have not had it as bad as her at all. But, now these past couple nights I have been bit more. Today, this morning, as I was waking up, I found them. Fleas. I thought the bites were fleas before, but I could never find any. But....today I found it. It was right underneath my covers, hopping around- apparently in a jovial state of mind. It was so huge I thought it could never be a flea! But....Oh Lord help me....it was...and is. Apparently, not everything is bigger in Texas.

Please be praying for us.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Do you need me to send bug dope?

June 14, 2007 at 2:45 PM

 
Blogger amber kelley said...

Hi Joley, I miss you. Alot. I told Jofanan today that he needed to stop growing, and he said, "I can't! God just makes me grow big!" I was listening to GT while I changed my sheets today... [by the way, all the contents of the linen closet got put on your bed, in a big pile...so I WAS searching for my pillowcase, but gave up and decided to leave you a comment instead]and we were singing *Hebrews 12:1*, among other things, so I thought I'd give you a GT verse so that when you read it you can remember billy baxter and the great big pile of rocks. :-) I love you.

June 14, 2007 at 5:05 PM

 
Blogger amber kelley said...

I knew I forgot something in my email! It's so precious seeing the little kids folding their hands like that... we hardly ever do that over here. Is it because it's more of a Roman Catholic thing? The little boy in the second picture for some reason reminds me of John Maldonado. My. Those tights are somethin' else. :-) That little girl in the bouncy seat has SO much hair!!! I got a kick out of the fish eyes... smart idea. I'm praying for you and Michelle, that all the fleas and mites will leave you alone. At least you know what they are now. Right? right. Have a good night, Holly. k bye.

June 14, 2007 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger amber kelley said...

I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

June 15, 2007 at 6:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think she's saying that because she has her theory test tomorrow...how are you?

your sister...me
L

June 15, 2007 at 7:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are the fleas? I'm sending you some bug stuff soon!! How is your sunburn? We miss you and love you so much..have fun tomorrow on father's day visiting that family!

June 16, 2007 at 9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home