Sunday, June 3, 2007

wings of the wind



I just finished reading through Hosea.

It is powerful in describing modern history; the present times...the right now. In fact, it is chilling and seriously convicting- are we so wealthy and healthy and happy and satisfied in America, and in other affluent countries, that we forget God?

It's nothing new. But, perhaps being over here has helped cement some of those ideas I already had.

Actually... I know it has.


"For the Lord has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.
Therefore, the land mourns, and all who dwell in it languish... My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...
Therefore, they shall be like the morning mist or like the dew that goes early away, like the chaff that swirls from the threshing floor or like smoke from a window.
It was I who knew you in the wilderness, in the land of drought; but when they had grazed, they became full, they were filled, and their heart was lifted up;
therefore they forgot Me.
But, I am the Lord your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but Me, and besides Me there is no Savior.



Hosea 4:1-3 & 6 and 13:3-6

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that reminds me of what John Piper says..are we so satisfied with the gifts that we forget the Giver of those gifts? May we be satisfied in Him and be content doing His work, here and around the world. Our treasure is in Heaven.This world will pass away but are we storing up any treasure in heaven?
Love you:)

June 4, 2007 at 1:30 PM

 
Blogger Karen Elizabeth said...

wow..that is really powerful. Thanks so much for taking time to post the pics and tell of your doings and such...I am constantly checking your blog, seriously. ;-) Love and miss you much, holly.

June 6, 2007 at 7:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my those little girls make me want to adopt again! But then you would have to come and help me!

We all miss you but especially the girls.They say you always played with them and never made them work. Interesting how selective memory can be!

We're praying for you! Much Love,
The Best's

June 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM

 
Blogger emelina said...

i am so glad hosea inspired you. i'm pretty sure it's my favorite book of the bible. i'm so happy that you're where you are, dear friend. you've been on my mind all day and i've been praying that Jesus reveals Himself like never before. keep your eyes open and set on Him.

June 8, 2007 at 5:40 PM

 
Blogger Garvey said...

Amen to what Emily said.

I sure hope you're feeling better!

(are you going to update soon? I'm dying to see more pictures of your new life!)

~ you're so funny

June 12, 2007 at 6:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home